Submit a query Tribute Cards Ackerson-Eckerson Book Other Items
Become a Member!
Individual Membership $20
Family Membership $25
Junior Membership for ages 13-18 $10
Our Membership year runs from 1 November–31 October.
Membership can be purchased or renewed online or by snail mail, by filling out the membership application form:
PDF Membership Form (via snail mail, right-click to download fillable form)
Please let us know:
1) Whether this is a New Membership or a Renewal
2) Whether you would like to receive the GSBC's quarterly newsletter The Archivist by E-Mail or Postal Mail
3) Which surnames you are researching. We will add the surnames (as well as your name) to the Surname list in the Member-only section of the GSBC website. This may help you connect with other GSBC Members who are researching the same surnames. (Members who wish to contact you will send a note to the Society. Your contact information will not be public.)
You can subscribe to our bi-weekly GSBC E-News (e-mail only) which provides updates on GSBC events, interesting links to relevant genealogical information, and news from other societies (click here to sign up.
Members in the US will have the option to receive The Archivist via e-mail (PDF, full color) or snail mail (offset printed, black and white). International members will receive The Archivist via e-mail only (PDF, full color). International members may pay online via credit card (via PayPal) or send us a check ($US Dollars).
Please Note: Our organization is entirely the work of dedicated volunteers. It may take a up to a week for us to process your GSBC Membership and for you to receive your Members' website access username and password. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
Submit a Query
All queries span the RPL's collection and can include: vital records, church records, yearbooks, social books, obituaries, collection newspapers, local histories, biographies, family files, pamphlets, maps, postcards, published genealogies, lineage indexes, journals, among others. Put our collection to work for you!
GSBC Members: Four complimentary queries or lookups per membership year
Non-Member Quick Lookup: $5 per lookup, limited to obituary lookups where the exact date is known.
Non-Member Hourly Research: $15/hour, one hour minimum
Right-click the link below to download our Research Request form, fill it out, and email (or mail) it to us. (Members can submit Quick Lookups by email.) Make sure to review our GSBC Query guidelines to get the most out of our collection.
We have a number of copies of the book The Ackerson/Eckerson family in America, by Ethel Konight. A copy can be yours for a donation to the GSBC (minimum $15)
GSBC Tribute Cards
Honor a special person while showing your support for Bergen County family history!
The GSBC offers customizable "Tribute Cards" in a variety of styles and for all occasions. These cards are an easy way to send greetings to loved ones while supporting the GSBC.
- Donate a minimum of $5 to GSBC (PayPal, at right, or check)
- Provide us with information on the occasion, who it is going to, who is sending it, and what you want to say [more about the cards, here]
- We will print the card with your message and mail it for you!
How to Order
- Online via E-Mail: Simply send us an e-mail giving us their name, address and the occasion — as well as your name, address, and email (in case we have questions!).
- Mail via Form: Fill out the information on this form. We'll take care of it as soon as we receive your order form!
- Payment: Make your donation via PayPal / Credit Card, using the link at right, or mail us your check.
Show your pride in family history and your Society!
Shop our totebags, tees, mugs and other items. 100% of net proceeds benefit the GSBC! www.cafepress.com/njgsbc